Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Palette


I've just started another painting, and I thought I would take a snapshot of my palette. I use a piece of wax paper taped to the palette, because it makes cleanup really simple. My paints are all Shiva Signature Oil Colors: Zinc White, Ivory Black, Raw Sienna, Prussian Blue, Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Naples Yellow, Shiva Orange, Cadmium Red Scarlet, Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber, Burnt Umber, Sap Green, and occasionally (not shown here) Shiva Green, and Ultramarine Blue Deep. I mix some of the colors based on the palette used by Daniel Greene, and some I've made up. Even though I mix the colors before beginning each painting session, I still often end up mixing further before or after applying the color to the canvas or board.

No comments: