Friday, November 14, 2008

A Little Creativity...

I don't have a new image to post today, but I did start working on something where much of the piece is out of my imagination! I always deviate from photo references in some way, even for portrait commissions where I like to use my memory of meeting with the subject(s) to incorporate unique facial expressions that define their character. For my figurative works, I often deviate much more from the actual references, something that I find not only enjoyable but also fundamental to my role as an artist.

So for my latest piece I decided to really exercise my creativity and place myself in a background almost completely out of my imagination, while aiming to mainting a somewhat realistic feel. I will post photos next week (I might even post some of my references), so stay tuned!

No comments: