Thursday, July 10, 2008

"Coming Clean" - Done!

Here is the finished piece! I ended up adding more warm tones to counteract some of the strong bluish-purples on the lower portion of the hand, but the reflections are still cool overall. I also smoothed out the texture in some areas, and added water dripping from the fingers. This was a fun piece for me - I really enjoyed all of the detail in the hands with the veins and water droplets. It's amazing how many colors go into skin other than just the typical peach, tan, and brown!

5 comments:

Valerie Jones said...

Congrats on a piece well done!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how realistic your hands look! What pencils do you use? Thanks for describing the process so that we can ( try to ) emulate you.
All of your work is so beautiful, but when it comes to hands, you wrote the book.

hbedrosian said...

Valerie and Deborah - thank you!

Deborah, I used Prismacolor pencils (over Caran d'Ache Neocolor II watersoluble pastels).

Marsha Robinett said...

I've been patiently watching this piece develop...it is superb. Absolutely beautiful. Such talent.

Dee said...

Wonderful!! I'm in awe.